We already know that nutrition is 70% of the success in any weight loss or maintenance process. Without the right nutrition you can go live at the gym and you’ll not see the results you want. The key is to achieve a perfect balance between the two and that way we can maximize the results of each one. The hardest thing about a movement routine is to actually start so we’re going to give you 5 tips to be able to do it and start moving right now!
1. Don’t be afraid: Remember that in order to have a successful movement routine you don’t have to kill yourself at the gym. Every single person who’s in shape had to start one day just like you so don’t get scared when taking that first step and before you know it you’ll be achieving your goals.
2. Set your own pace: When you’re starting it’s very important to avoid getting caught up in other people’s progress. Every single body is different and has different needs. Don’t try to get ahead of yourself because this can lead to serious injuries.
3. Choose activities you like: When you’re first getting started it’s important that you choose things to do that you already know you enjoy and won’t get you bored. Don’t go for something like cross fit from the beginning because it’s way too advanced and you can get demotivated easily. Start with something you’ve already done before like walking or jogging. You don’t even have to leave your house to start with your movement routine, you can dance, clean vigorously, play with your kids or siblings, walk your pet or even go up and down your stairs.
4. Get your times right: The ideal times for your initial movement routine are first of all 10-12 minutes of warming up followed by your strength training (free weights or machines) and then finish up with cardio (biking, treadmill, elliptical). You can start off with 35 minutes of cardio and progressively increase the time until you reach 60 minutes.. It’s important that you don’t go over the 60 minutes because then you body will start “Feeding” off your muscles for energy.
5. Make this time about you: Wether you’re doing your movement routine at home or any other place make sure that during this time you really focus on what you’re doing, don’t try to do 3 things at once because none of them will be done properly. Take just one hour for your health and your body, you have an extra 23 to do everything else. You also need to choose the moment for your routine carefully, the mornings are usually better because at the end of the day you’re tired and the excuses start t appear everywhere. Always have a pre workout before your session and a protein snack after.
There you have it, our 5 tips to start your movement routine RIGHT AWAY, forget about all the excuses and get that booty shaking family!